Quickly, I'll post a little something for the day. The babies are already chattering in their beds and I'll need to tend to them soon. The day is in full swing. Thankfully, I awoke at 6:30 and started black beans on the stove top and filled the dishwasher with last nights mugs and cups from our small group meeting. Then, on to my quiet time of reading. So far, a good pace for the day.
I realized this morning that in only five weeks, we can bring a close to this "school year". At least the formal work that I feel the children need to accomplish. I am looking forward to many days of informal learning, inquiring, investigating. Certainly, the children are glad that the year is tapering to a slower pace.
This week, we start our study of Russia. After that, it's two weeks of Australia and then a week of Antarctica. We'll keep up with our spelling, reading and grammar for the next five weeks. Also, we'll use the time to solidify our math facts. Hopefully, we'll enjoy a good deal of nature study too. I love the outdoors. It's so much easier to get out when you don't have to put on hats, gloves, boots. We'll do a little hiking and a lot of observing. I can hardly wait.
On this rainy day, we'll plug along with our indoor studies. Well, off to get the two tiniest Bailys. Blessings on your day!
1 comment:
Jen,
Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your "musings!" Thanks for sharing your heart and may the Lord bless you this day!
Post a Comment