Thursday, April 16, 2009

04/16/09

What a glorious day! The sunshine sure brings health to the spirit! Early in the afternoon, we took a wonderful nature walk over to the seminary. Instead of finding all kinds of neat nature to look at, we also ran into several friends. Today was the Pittsburgh Presbytery meeting held at the Seminary. I got to touch base with friends I hadn't seen for a long time!

We were on a mushroom hunt, but alas, no mushrooms to be found. We did find moss and some other fungi that grows on trees. We collected a few samples to explore at home. When we returned, the babies went down for their nap and the boys and I read our latest read aloud. Then around 3 p.m., we headed back outdoors. Working on the front garden, I helped the children identify young plants. We transplanted some of our black eyed Susans to the backyard, and we noted how robust our tulips are. I can hardly wait for their blooms. We also potted some pansies in pots, and left a mess from weeding on the sidewalk. Maybe I'll tend to that when Dave gets home.

Tonight, we'll enjoy BBQ beef sands, sweet potato fries, and a veggie medley. At least Dave and I will enjoy it. We'll see about the kids.

Hoping for another glorious day tomorrow! I'm so glad God allows the sun to shine upon us. What a gift!

No comments: