Tuesday, April 7, 2009

04/07/09

Praise the Lord, I was able to get up by 6:30 today. My eyes were so heavy that it took me longer than usual to read my Bible. I just couldn't really concentrate on the words. Mornings for me are a wonderful blessing. I have found that just an hour of time alone before the kids wake for the day gives me mental stability. It affords me the ability to cope with the pressures of each day.

This week, Isaiah will take his first CAT test. He and a friend will take the test either Wednesday or Thursday. We are enjoying a modified week this week because of the test. At this point in our school year, Isaiah is almost finished with his math program. We are working extra hard at spelling. It seems to be the area we need to give most attention to. Having started back to school in August, we have less than 40 days to complete our school year by state standards. I am looking forward to the much needed break in June and July.

Last week, I received our school materials for next year. It is always a highlight for me! I love imagining all the learning that will take place. I love flipping through the materials. Next year, we'll be focusing on American history. Lots of field trips are in the works....Philadelphia, Williamsburg, Boston, maybe even a hike out west. We'll see!

1 comment:

Lori said...

West is good! Lots of American History here - Lewis and Clark, etc. Plus we can visit a real rain forest! Just let us know when to expect you! Love, Lori