Friday, April 10, 2009

04/10/09

It's already 11:16 this Holy Good Friday. This morning, I read through the crucifixion in John and have been meditating on that. There are many things to think about when we ponder Christ's death. I am amazed at his sacrifice, his willingness to be beaten and to suffer great pain because of our sin.

This morning, I was bathing the babies and afterwards, as I was trying to encourage them to listen and stay out of the bathroom, I banged my side into the door knob. It smarted pretty good, and I'm sure I'll have a bruise from the incident. I looked down at them after my loud "Ow!", and said, "If you'd just obeyed, mommy wouldn't have gotten hurt." Then my mind jumped back to my morning reading. I thought, "If we'd just obeyed, he'd not have needed to suffer."

Lord, remind me to obey you. Holy Spirt, open my ears that I might always hear you and soften my heart that I might always respond.

No comments: