Tuesday, April 28, 2009

04/28/09

Today, I walked with my older three children to our church, Eastminster Presbyterian Church. This weekend is our annual rummage sale, so after our schoolwork was completed, we walked over to help sort, move, stack, unload, and arrange all the goodies that people have donated for the sale. Then the kids picked out a few treats for themselves and bought them for pennies. I was proud of the diligent work the kids put forth.

On our walk over, we ran into our friend, Mr. Dorn at Home Depot. The boys watched him work his saw on an old pallet. After we finished our work, we visited Vento's Pizza, enjoyed a hot slice, and said "hello" to our friend, Shawn.

This is one of the things I love about living here. I love running into people we know and love. It is a delight to stop and chat with our friends and build relationships with our church family.

I also love living close enough to walk. We walk to church, to the library, to the pizza shop, to Goodwill, to Grandma's office, to the coffee shop, to piano lessons... We love getting out on a sunny day and going someplace interesting. This is one thing about the city I will remember with joy and one thing that I'm sure I'll miss dearly.

This has been a wonderful place for our family to live. Thank you, God, for such a wonderful experience.

(P.S. For those of you wondering, next week I'm planning on writing about the things I'm looking forward to in the country. I'm able to delight in many places!)

No comments: