Saturday, April 11, 2009

04/11/09

Relaxed. Enjoyable. Peaceful. That's the morning we've been sharing here at 508 N. Sheridan Ave. The kids awoke today to a surprise of Easter baskets hidden on the first floor. They couldn't believe it knowing that Easter is tomorrow, not today. Dave and I decided to try our basket tradition on Saturday this year and to leave Sunday as an unrushed morning of worshipping the Risen Lord.

The babies had an egg hunt in the living room. The delighted themselves with eggs filled with M&M's. Chocolatey drool ran down their chins and squeals erupted after they spotted each egg. They didn't like the peeps in their baskets, but they enjoyed the crackers with cheese. It was fun to see them partake in this yearly tradition.

Dave and I listened to quiet hymns. We watched our growing family. It's always about this age that I am again able to enjoy my family. I don't feel the same stress I did the first eighteen months. I am thankful to God for this.

I love days like this. I enjoy the unhurried pace, the time to be fully in the moment. Not all our days are blissful like this one. So, I will try to hold on to the feelings I shared with my family this day, when the busy, rushed days of the week greet us Monday morning. Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful day.

No comments: