I only have a moment to write. Our dishwasher is on the fritz, and I have to hand wash before the kids get up.
This morning, I spent some time reading 2 Corinthians 2. I was taken with the passage on forgiveness. It made me think about my own responses to my children's sin. Am I grieved for their sin? Am I sorrowed because they have hurt their relationship with others and especially with God?
Thinking about this, I hope that today, as I discipline and instruct them that I will have always before me their walk with God. I pray that I will emphasize how their sin keeps them from a right relationship with their Maker. And I pray that I will have the courage to discipline them even when it is inconvenient or painful, so that they might know forgivenss and a reaffirmation of my love for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment