Friday, February 20, 2009

02/20/09

As idyllic as I'd like to pretend my life is, there are weeks where man's sinful nature is so evident in this home! My children have been driving me batty the last few days with bickering and arguing all day long! There are moments I'd like to lock them all up seperately each in their own tower like Rapunzel.

Seriously, sometimes it is so difficult to teach my children about selflessness and caring for one another. It goes against everything they are naturally inclined to do. They sometimes seem to thrive on causing discord and rousing each other's anger. All the while, I feel my own blood start to boil. No matter how often I correct them, how well I reason with them, their natural inclinations seem to be victorious.

I'm sure that in God's sight I am a lot like my children. I know what is right, and yet, to actually do what is right goes against everything I feel naturally. To live disciplined, to have patience, to be long-suffering, to be kind, all these things take incredible work. In the moments that my children are at their worst, I am inclined to be annoyed and easily angered. I don't like to be disturbed. I don't like that there behavior is outside of my control. I'm sure that God desires me to put aside my own selfish motives and to care about my children's spirits and their relationships with one another and God. If only I could keep that sentiment in the forefront of my thoughts. God help me. Help me to lead by example.

No comments: