Looking out of my window, I see snow whirling about. Winter is not over. Though the cawing of crows reminds me that soon their noise will be replaced by the beautiful songs of spring birds, for now, spring is still a moment away.
I stand by the door and watch David walk to his car, making tracks in the snow. I am thankful. Standing there, I think about how dear he is to me, a cherished friend. My husband loves me, and I have full confidence in that. He is off to breakfast with some friends. David is loyal and thoughtful. I am blessed to have married him.
Soon, I will walk up the stairs in the quiet of the morning and rouse my oldest son. Isaiah will look up at me with his big blue eyes, eyes that insist they really want more sleep. He will pause and take a few minutes to wake, then he will tumble out of bed and get ready for the day. After a breakfast of cereal or oatmeal, he'll join me to get the school day started while the rest of the brood drinks in more rest.
Now, though, I am here alone with my thoughts. I relish the time alone. I soak up the quiet and breathe deeply. I do not take forgranted this precious time, while I also anticipate another wonderful day with the five little blessings God has given me. Today, I hope I pass the day with thanksgiving, aware of the many ways God has enriched my life. Make me mindful, Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment