Tuesday, February 17, 2009

02/17/09

It's still quiet here this morning. I wish I could say as much for the middle of the night. Joel was up again around 3 a.m. and he cried for over an hour. I was trying to let him cry it out, so that he might finally start sleeping all night again. Around 4:30 a.m., I went in to comfort him. As soon as I picked him up, he lay his head on me and was silent. I held him close for a few minutes then I laid him back in his bed. The wail he let out informed me he thought I was the worst kind of traitor. He cried for five more minutes then all went silent.

My mind is so tired from these broken nights of sleep. I tried to read today, and it took all my extra brain cells just to read the words. Reflection was not even a possibility. I am hopeful that tonight I'll get a full night of sleep and be much relieved tomorrow. I might also plan on a little nap myself this afternoon.

This week we are concluding our study of Africa. Today we'll be measuring out ribbon to see how tall an elephant really is and how big their tusks are. We'll be picking up our weights to feel how heavy an elephants brain is (10 lbs.) as well as a human brain ( a mere 3 lbs.). It should be a hands on day in science...my favorite kind.

No comments: