My twins are now thirteen months old. The time is breezing by, and I don't always mind. The challenge of two at one time is so intense that I seem to want to rush through it. I want to turn them into three year olds that walk, talk and fasten themselves into the car. Caring for them is so consuming that I'm not even sure how to enjoy it. I want to embrace the days and fondly remember them when the babies are bigger, but instead I'm trying to plow through them as quickly as possible.
It makes me sad that I'm in such a hurry and I feel convicted that I need to stop and smell the roses, but it's so hard to put it into practice. With so much going on, I don't know how to create enough balance to enjoy life within the current chaos. I am going to try to make sure that during each day, I take a few minutes to sit on the floor and dote on these two baby boys. At the same time, I want to spontaneously hug and kiss my older three kids and make sure they know how incredible I think they are and how blessed I am to have them as my children.
I'm praying that God reminds me each day of what is really important and that I rush to embrace those things and not to forget them.
2 comments:
oh how I hear your comments. I understand and I feel those pullings also. I'm constantly reminded by words of a senior mom saying "let the house go and just be with your kids."
Agg, it's so hard to do. I usually hear that voice while I'm rushing b/w the laundry, the dishes and something I want (like a cup of tea).
Man, doesn't parenting bring up all our selfishness?
May you hug all your kiddos today, may you share laughter and whispers and something important to them.
lots of love..sandy
Jen - I just read your "rushing through life" comment. I am thinking back to how fast our time went with Joe, Dean & Alex. It really is only a very brief time that your children live in your home with you and then before you know it they are on their way to life's adventures they have chosen for themselves. It is good to realize this when they are little and you take the time to spend with them as it is precious time. I think you and Dave are doing a fabulous job in raising your family. God Bless you all! Love you - Aunt Denise & Uncle Mike
Post a Comment