Happy First Day of Spring! I can hardly believe it is finally here! It feels like quite an accomplishment to have made it through the long, cold winter!
Today we are celebrating the vernal equinox. Tonight we'll note the time of the sun's setting. Just last night, Nathaniel noted on his own accord that "this season has longer days." He can hardly believe that it is still light when we eat our dinner. I'm also thinking of starting a spring mural. Maybe we'll draw bare trees, then put buds and leaves on them when we notice they appear. We can cut out pictures of birds as we notice them returning. On a walk on Wednesday, we spotted a field full of robins. What a joy to see the little red breasts back in Pittsburgh!\
We are also expecting a visit from our friends, the Meadows today. The boys enjoy catching up with our former neighbors. Tomorrow, David and I are attending a homeschool conference. I can hardly wait to get my mitts on next years materials.
But for today, we will enjoy this beautiful day of warmth and sunshine. What a treat! I love this season!
No comments:
Post a Comment