Thursday, June 4, 2009

06/04/09

Thought I'd write a quick entry for the day. Things here in Pittsburgh are sailing along...not exactly smoothly, but along. Sometimes with our children it feels like the need to instruct and correct them is endless. Recently, we've been doing a lot of correcting and it's tiresome and difficult work. It's hard to be consistent and to take time to work on their faults and sins.

I think of God and how he is so slow to anger. How he gently prods us along and disciplines us in his great love. I am thankful for his example of patience. I'm sure that I test him, challenge him, and even defy him sometimes. And yet, he patiently, lovingly, gently pulls me back to himself. He walks with me in the midst of difficult consequences all the while drawing me deeper into a knowledge of him and into a relationship with him. Thank you, Lord, for being the ultimate heavenly parent.

No comments: