Friday, May 29, 2009

05/29/09

Today was our first homeschool evaluation. Isaiah turned nine this year, and the PA law required us to have our program evaluated at the end of our school year. We presented a number of samples and a list of resources used. Isaiah was also required to take the CAT test this year and to turn those results in. The evaluation was a joy. The evaluator was encouraging and reminded me that she was to make sure that "progress" occured in our program. She also commented that she'd never met a lazy homeschool parent. She believes that those who choose to educate at home are dedicated and committed to providing a good education for their children.

At the end of every year, I look back and wonder if I really did a good enough job with my children. There is always more that I could have done, always things I just didn't get to. But overall, I have seen my children grow and change this year. I've seen them advance academically. But most important, I have seen them grow in their walk with God. My greatest desire as a mother, is that I would see my children someday teach their children to know and love God. It's my deepest desire for them. Sometimes in the bustle of doing math, reading, spelling, etc., I can easily lose sight of my primary goal to train up my children in the way of scripture and to show them each day the great love that our Savior Jesus has for them. Help me not to be distracted, Lord. Keep my eyes fixed on you and help me direct my children toward you.

No comments: