Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

Today I finally had a chance to post a new family blog. The last few months have been crazy...good, but crazy. I thought I'd add a new feature to my blog. I thought I'd take time to journal most days about the ins and outs of my life.

Today we were church skippers. After a day of travel yesterday, I was too wiped out to get to church this morning. So, we worshipped together at home. Sometimes I marvel at my husband and his ideas. When I was able to join our family worship time, he had them all playing a song to the Lord on an instrument of their choice. It was wonderful. Then we listened to a sermon by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Inspiring! When I think about how he risked his person, his family, his home. . . everything. . . to do the work of God, I am awed. I wish that I could be that brave, to have courage enough to do what is right even if it might mean grief, suffering or sorrow.

Tonight, we're trying to get the kids off to an early bed. I want to catch the new Jane Austen film on PBS. Well, I'll try to write again tomorrow.

No comments: