Crazy day today. Most Mondays are a little crazy, but today was a notch above the normal nuttiness. Things were a slow until about 10:30 when our friend Sarah arrived (she helps us a couple times each week) followed by the plumber, Chuck, and a few minutes later our dear friend, Paschal. The kids lost any attention span they had and couldn't wait to watch the plumber snake our drains and ask him about a hundred questions (costly questions). Somehow in the midst of the madness, we were able to get a bulk of our schooling done. In the afternoon, we took some time to look up things about Martin Luther King, Jr. online. We watched the "I Have A Dream" speech and learned about the civil rights movement.
Round two of the madness, we decided to go to a MLK Day Celebration at a nearby community center. As we are ready to load the van, we find that our battery is dead. After jumping it, we all load in (all seven of us) and head off for the celebration. Dave drops us off and takes the van to Advanced Auto to get the battery checked. I take my kids (all five) into the center for the event which included dinner. The center is packed, hundreds of people in a tiny space. Here we are with our double stroller. We work our way to the front of the building and get tickets for dinner. After finding my mom, we wait in line for fifteen minutes or so. The kids are responsible for their own plates and we postpone getting drinks til we sit down. There are no more chairs so we sit on the floor. I am carrying Josh while we do all of this and my mom is lugging the giganto stroller around. I'm telling you this is when I know we're nuts. Anyway, we end up having a good dinner and getting to listen to some wonderful gospel music and watching a nice slide presentation on MLK, Jr. We left before the speaker and made it home in time to get everyone in bed by 9:30. It's 10:00 now and I think I should retire too. I definitely need to recharge after a day like today.
No comments:
Post a Comment