This year with infant twins has been the most challenging year of my life. I am just exhausted, physically, mentally, spiritually. Now there are moments I don't feel overwhelmed, but then it seems to all catch up and I have a day like today when I'd like to do nothing more than crawl onto the couch with a warm afghan and watch chic flicks all day.
The hardest part about this year is that I don't get much time to myself. Now, I didn't get a whole lot of time before, but now it's so minimal that grocery shopping is a pleasure. I have found in recent years that part of me is very much an introvert. I need a little time to myself to recharge. Day after day with all the noise and busyness, I start to wear very thin.
The good news is that the twins are now five and a half months and things aren't as hard as they were when they were first born. Now they sleep for long chunks at night. They have a predictable eating schedule. They can sometimes self entertain. But they still require a lot. I have to carry both of them up and down the stairs several times a day. When I get done spoon feeding one, I get to clean him up, hold him on my lap, and feed his brother. Doing everything twice takes a lot of time.
I love all the beautiful children that God has given me. I pray that He will reveal to me how to spend my time each day so that I serve each of them well and serve David well too. I also pray that God helps me to accept things that I can't change so I can have the wisdom to know where to put my time. God of rest, give me peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment