12/17/09
There is a biting cold outside this early morning. A quick run to the van told me it won't be a day for outside play today. It finally feels like winter.
Joel is with me this morning, sitting on my lap, jabbering on and on to his little toy horse. He is a devoted buddy. Every morning he's the first one up, eager to join me for my devotions. He likes to sit on my lap under an afghan sipping his milk while I read and enjoy my morning coffee. It makes for a pleasant start to the day.
The other kids are all still in bed. I'm giving them an early Christmas gift: a morning to sleep in. Later, we'll work on some school work and house work along with making some Christmas crafts. Hopefully, I'll have time to share some pictures on the blog.
Today I am praying for a peace filled day without rush and hurry. A day to leisurely drink in the holiday season and to celebrate life in this wonderul family. I pray that the children will catch the vision and enjoy one another and this special season. Fall upon us, Jesus, and fill us with delight in You this Christmas season.
No comments:
Post a Comment