Today is a sad day for me. My grandfather passed away, unexpectedly, in his sleep. It is hard to imagine him gone from this world.
Death makes me reflective. Thinking on things of the past. Evaluating things of the present. What do I remember about my loved one? What did I enjoy the most? How did others see him? And how will others remember me some day?
I'm grateful that my children had the privilege of knowing my grandpa. They enjoyed spending time with him, even during grouchy card games. Grandpa was always grandpa. He didn't try to be anything but himself. I loved his spaghetti and his soups. I have fond memories of riding around in his golf cart with him. And I love the story of him finishing a round of golf in his boxers. I was entertained by my grandpa. He always made me chuckle.
Today, my children and I will share our memories together. We'll talk about their visits and I'll share with them stories from the days of my youth. What a blessing to have a wonderful grandfather! He will certainly be missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment