It's been too long since I last posted. I enjoy trying to write a little each day, and I am shamed that I've been so lax about this habit lately. I can't even say that I've been too busy. Our summer has been lazy and wonderful: small day trips here and there, and day camp in the mornings, afternoons of book reading and an occasional dip in the local pool.
My focus this summer has been to rid our house of excess clutter and unneeded possessions. God continually places before me the verse in Matthew that harkens us to "not store up treasures on earth...but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven." Daily I pray that God would reveal to me what we can do without, what I should let go of. He gently reminds me that too many things require too much of my time and attention, and that I would be much happier if my time was spent enjoying my children, serving others, reading a good book, taking a walk.
My prayer today is that God would continue to take from me my desire to cling to things and to hold them too close to my heart. I pray that he would free me so that I might enjoy the work he has placed before me. Thanks be to God for the amazing victory!
No comments:
Post a Comment